Today, I put on my primer layer in the 'man-cave.' Whew. It's an oil-based primer and it is some strong stuff. I probably lost some brain cells today.
I did get it on there though, hopefully tomorrow I can get the paint on. I really don't want this to be another week-long process.
The bad parts about the day were: it was hot because I turned off the AC so that the fumes wouldn't vent and circulate through the entire house, I was stuck in a small room with no ventilation all day, I had to paint... all day, my shoulders hurt, and I'm exhausted.
The good parts about the day were: being in a small room with fumes apparently makes you - and everything else - hilarious. Examples:
Cory came home from work and came down the stairs to check on me. Among many other hilarious things said, these are the few I can remember...
"Why are there two cans of primer opened?" -Cory
"Because I opened the new one before the other one was all gone." -Me
He had clearly meant the questions as a why-didn't-you-use/empty-the-first-can-before-opening-the-2nd-can. So, I laughed at that.
"Did you use another of my screw drivers as a can opener? Why couldn't you just use the one you used last time?" -Cory
"Because, I taped that one to the roller to use as a brace for when I broke it." -Me
True story, I was using a lot of force with the roller to get as much paint out of it as possible when it snapped off. I think I had a pretty epic save though. It was like slow motion, I hear the crack and all I could think of was the unprotected carpet - why was the carpet unprotected you ask? well... that's a good question - so I dropped the bottom half of it to focus on catching the part with paint on it. It was a success. I stubbed my toe and knocked a bunch of other stuff over, but I saved the paint roller from landing on the carpet. I was too lazy and too frustrated to go back to the store and get another one, so I took the long, flat head screw driver that I had been using as a can opening, and held it to the broken roller handle and wrapped many layers of tape around it. It didn't really work as well in reality as it had in my head.
"Why are we low on paint thinner?" -Cory
"Because, I put some in the paint when I was getting low to stretch it... What do you expect, I've been in these fumes all day." -Me
"I'm just not sure I can trust you to do anything right now." -Cory
I laughed hysterically at that. When I went upstairs to discover the sink full of water that was once warmed and suppose to be thawing food, but no food in it... I laughed so hard that I doubled over the counter for support. Yeah... I know... not that funny. But, it was to me at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment