Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slumber Party

The latter half of this week has been torturous. I spent 8 or 9 hours in the basement on Thursday putting joint compound into the wood panelling grooves. Not a good time. I spent 8 or 9 hours yesterday sanding them. Again... not a good time...

As a result, I'm sick. My sinuses and lungs are in all sorts of fits. I finally wrapped it up around 5 o'clock to get ready for our slumber party back in PB. 

We went to spend the night with our brother and sister-in-law. Today was their going away party. They are fixing to leave us :(  My sis-in-law got into a school in AZ. She's pursuing her Masters in Occupational Therapy. 

We ended up not getting there until around 8:30. We spent like 4 1/2 hours just talking. The bulk of the discussion was shaped around the fact that they're moving and some changes that Cory and I are planning to make as well.

At 1 o'clock we all laid down to go to sleep. Cory and I had a pallet in their living room floor. When we had settled in, we both were apparently too keyed up to sleep. 

"Hey, go  bang on their door and then run away." Cory suggested. I giggled at his immature ideas and told him to go do it. He rolls to his feet, tip-toes to their door and then bangs his fist against it 3 or 4 times loudly. Then he  books it back to our sleeping area. 

I start laughing hysterically and he shushes me, so I buried my face into his chest to muffle my hysterics. The sis-in-law comes out to scold us and we both laughed at that. 

When she went back to her room, I got out my phone to HeyTell (iPhone app that is essentially a walkie talkie) her random crap. That made us laugh some more. 

It was a lot of fun, laying their all giggly and doing childish things with my husband.

I didn't go to sleep until 2:00 and then got up at 8:00. I'm feelin that about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment