Monday, February 22, 2010

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

**Warning! Storyline information will be talked about regarding Twilight Sage: Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. If you do not wish to know I would not recommend reading** So I finished Breaking Dawn last night. I was so, so sad to finish. Now I've ran out of book and yet I want so much more! Eclipse was a very good book. I loved getting to know more about all of the characters. Getting to hear the stories and myths and histories about the wolves and some of the vampires. It was a new knowledge that I enjoyed. I also loved that two mythical enemies were brought into an alliance to save the human. Very good storyline. However, the book did make me angry in a lot of ways. I hated how much Bella seemed to waiver between Jacob and Edward. Especially when Edward has seriously been like perfect to her (despite his little running away stunt to save her soul). And in New Moon we got to clearly see that Edward was who she wanted, who she needed, who she could not live without. I can definitely understand why she thought she needed to hold onto to Jacob, but Jacob had stronger feelings for her...not just 'friend' feeling. It made me angry that she was being so unfair to both Edward and Jacob, but particularly Edward. Bella made very clear to Jacob that she would never return the same romantic feelings that he had for her, yet she still kept him on a tight rope caring only about her own, selfish feelings. Not to mention she even had a freaking make out session with him. Ugh, talk about a book making me angry! It had 100 pages to make it up to me after that, luckily...it did. Although, even then, she I still just wanted to shake her. She totally lost herself and spent a whole night in agony over Jacob...and allowed Edward to suffer through it as well. All and all, I guess that is part of a good book. And it was a very good book. Breaking Dawn. Wow. Great book. Meyer really picked up her writing. The storyline got deeper and even more twisted. The way that she wrote had changed a lot from the other three books, but not so much that it changed the feel of the story...or not in a bad way anyway. I loved it all. I loved the first Bella book. I got all of my romance and happy beginning. We got to see Edward and Bella getting to just enjoy being together. Finally. Their wedding was perfect, the honeymoon was even more than Bella could have asked for. It was great. Then the one story twist I absolutely did not see coming at all. Bella is pregnant. [See, I really hated it when I started telling people I was reading the Twilight Saga, because then everyone wants to tell me something without telling me something...ya know? So I started figuring things out very quick just based on things other people had said to me...and that actually made me angry *sigh*] The Jacob book took me by so much surprise. At first he started out just being his typical aggressive, angry, ridiculously annoying self. But then he did something that changed the way I saw him. Even though he continued the charade of being angry, aggressive, and annoying...his character was finally liked by me. For him to turn against the decision of his pack and step into his true Alapha position and run to go protect the Cullens?! Wow. Definitely made him likable. Just for the record, the wolf jokes and jabs are much better than the vampire ones. I mean, Jacob is usually pretty rude to the Cullens always referring to them as 'bloodsucker' or 'leech.' But, that's really all he had. Edwards were much better: dog, pack, fetch, pup, mongrel. I did grow to accept Jacob. Even more so in the last Bella book. Once the...baby...had been...delivered and it was a girl instead of a boy. I immediately knew Jacob was going to be imprinting on the little half-vampire, half-human baby. Thanks again to someone trying to tell me something without telling me something. *sigh* I loved the last Bella book. I loved getting to see Bella's transformation and how she dealt with it all. How well she did. How great their cute little family was. The entire Cullen family had fallen in love with little Renesmee. I loved it that Bella got to jump right in and actually be her mom, despite being a newborn vampire. I fell in love with little Nessie myself :) Even once the Volturri were definitely coming, it was still just good. Everything had fallen into place perfectly. Bella and Jacob could finally just be friends and Bella and Edward could finally be together...in every way perfectly. The coming of the fight was sad. I teared up so much, but fought back the overflow. It was so hard. Everything about it was. Edward's realization as to what Bella had did, Jacob understanding what he would have to do, little Renesmee's good-bye to her parents, it all shook up my emotions. I had honestly hoped there would be a little more conflict. I would have loved to see Jane, Alec, and Demetri die. However, I definitely accepted the ending of it. Bella impressed me, I loved her really discovering her ability and expanding it. She was finally able to be the protector. To keep the ones that she loved safe. To scare off the bad guys! Well, I suppose Alice was who really came to the rescue, providing a good enough excuse for the Volturri to back out. Either way, everyone got to go home in peace. And a happy future is outlined. Nessie will be fine and get to be with both of her parents, as well as have Jacob...and they all are right where they are suppose to be. Vampires and wolves not only co-existing but...friends...and family. Bella gets to miss out on all the crazed newborn vampire stuff and pick right back up where she left off in her human life. Even getting to keep her father in her life...and Nessie's! All of the loose ends were definitely tied up. Then, Bella allowing Edward a peek into her head...was a perfect ending! Good books, very good books. I'm obsessed. I want to read what is out of Midnight Sun and then read them all again! My verdict in order of preference is:
  • Twilight and Breaking Dawn are tied for first! I think after I read them all again I'll be able to make a final decision :)
  • Eclipse
  • New Moon
I definitely recommend them. They're good stories. Maybe not all that well written, but the storylines are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment