Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yes...this again

So I know I've been blogging a lot about my silly new workout, but it's a new and huge thing in my life so I'm going to be whining about it. Possibly for 59 more days. So... ;) Oh my goodness. I am seriously so sore. I thought I was going to die during this morning's workout, yet it was better than yesterday. No cramps or almost vomiting adventures. Let me just say this...my own personal experience of the worst pain in my life (physically) was probably when I broke my pelvis. I mean, that was very painful it wiped me out for 6 weeks! 6 weeks! Having said that...it is my number 10 on the pain scale. So it is my basis for comparison. The amount of pain that I'm experiencing today...would totally be rated at a 7 or 8. Not kidding. I literally have trouble walking. You should see me going to class and climbing up and down stairs. My legs hurt! Every part of them. I hurt around my ankles. My calves are absolutely killing me, I perpetually feel like I'm about to have a charlie horse in both legs (and yes, I've stretched a lot). My thighs...oh...my thighs. I have no doubt that they will tone up after this. My inner thighs even hurt! Which is one of my main focuses actually! My lower back hurts (not like an injury, just sore muscles), oh but it hurts so bad. My shoulders, my arms. This is insane. I was real proud of myself for doing 'real' push ups today though! I have no upper body strength. None. I haven't been able to do a 'man' push up in like...ever. Today I forced it out...and was surprised to know that I could actually do it...and did more than one. My form wasn't perfect, I wasn't going down enough for my nose to touch the floor or anything, but I was pretty proud of myself. So when the alarm went off this morning and I tried to get up, I couldn't. I can to like brace myself on all kinds of things for support for like 30 minutes before my legs started working again. It like with every step I take (especially if it's going up/down stairs) I do this weird moan/laugh thing. I laugh at myself because it just seems so ridiculous...and I look hilarious. But I moan, because it hurts. Anyway, so that's what's up. Side Notes:
  • There are low fat, yummy foods. We discovered them. Part of which are actually good for you. Rice cakes! [stay with me here] We got some chocolate, caramel and cheddar rice cakes and they're actually pretty good. So then we saw this little desert like recipe on the back of the chocolate and caramel ones that had some low fat cool whip, roasted peanuts, with a fruit slices (bananas or strawberries) on them, and a small amount of low fat caramel drizzled on top! DELICIOUS! Definitely cures the sweet tooth and the whole thing is only like 95 calories! I'm so happy I discovered them. We have absolutely no junk food in the house, I couldn't even cheat if I wanted to. I've been wanting some sweets so bad and Cory wouldn't let me have any. I am happy...for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Dude...the chocolate low-fat fudge bars from weight watchers are DELICIOUS!!! I know that it doesn't sound like it would be but they are. Trust me. They can get a little expensive, but when you are trying to eat healthy and just want a little sweet snack it can REALLY be worth the extra cost :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I totally told Cory we should go for osme of the weight watchers stuff. He wasn't convinced. I'll probably have to try it!

    ReplyDelete