Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 1, done

As of this morning the hubby and I completed week 1 of our INSANITY workout program. 

Whew.

Today's workout was extremely rough on me. Got the whole, 'I feel like I'm going to puke/pass out' feeling again. Ugh, and I sweat so much. As of right now, my current thought is that I have no clue how anyone could actually do this workout and not lose weight. So, I'm feeling pretty pumped and proud of myself. I worked hard this week and gave it my all. I'm also very, very proud of my calories this week. I got an app for my iPhone that helps me keep, more a less, a food journal. So I add in all of my food and calories and it keeps track of it. And then I add in how many calories I burn during workouts and it subtracts that and gives me a net calories for the day. My net calories for a day is suppose to be 1500.

Since my heart rate/calorie counter watch isn't here yet I haven't even been adding in my calories burned, because I have no idea how many that is...and I've still been under 1500 nearly everyday this week!!! Yay! Keeping a food journal is amazingly helpful. I think everyone should actively do it.

I think it's amazing how in the short time frame of one week I've become so much more aware of the things I eat. Just little things even. Like, Friday I had a meeting at work and when I walked in my boss had a huge basket of Valentine candy sitting on the table. Any other day of my life I would have eaten some, but on Friday I did not. Because I knew how many calories I had consumed that day, I knew I still needed to eat my healthy afternoon snack, and I knew I still had to eat dinner. Again, proud of myself.

Oh yes, get use to some of the conceitedness - hopefully there's more to come in this area of my life ;)

However, today I did splurge some. The hubby and I decided to do our Valentines Day today. So he took me out to dinner...and...to get Andys. *sigh* Curse you Andys for being so delicious and full of fat. Although, I did feel bad for this and doubted it nearly the whole day. It's a conscious awareness that I hope I'm able to hold onto. Also, I'm really not that concerned considering that prior to today I was about 500 calories under my weekly budget...and I haven't added in any of my calories burned from workouts.

Tomorrow is break day - from workouts. We're going to Poplar Bluff for my baby nieces 3rd birthday! I can't believe she's already three. I can remember the day that kid was born like it just happened. She is such a large part of my world, I'm crazy about her. It's so strange to see her growing up so quickly... Ah, life. 

 *yawns*

Night, night time!

2 comments:

  1. Food journals are great! The # 1 tool for losing weight :) Weight watchers has this saying: "If you bite it, write it!" It really helps keep you accountable ;)
    They do this thing where you get X amount of extra "points" (or in your case calories) to use to "splurge" every week. The thought is that if you ignore a craving then when you do give in you will end up overdoing it. If you give into it when it hits you (within reason...portions are everything) then you won't binge as much as you would otherwise. So don't feel bad about the Andies...our bodies need to enjoy treats every once in a while! And when you are pregnant, you will feel guilty about EVERYTHING you eat ;( I'm learning that the hard way.
    Keep up the good work, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You've been very supportive and encouraging! :) And have given me lots of great advice!

    I actually keep saying that to Cory about the cravings and how if you try to cut out the foods that you love you will be more likely to binge. I think I've finally gotten him off the nazi diet idea now. Of course, portion and serving sizes are everything! I agree. But I did very well last week, the only time I splurged was on Saturday when we celebrated our Valentine's day! :)

    Haha, I'm sure I'll be a horrible pregnant person, I will eat everything! ;) Hopefully by the time that comes for me I will have developed more self control on this aspect of my life. Lol

    ReplyDelete