Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Insanity, Day 2

Alright, so this morning was definitely rough. We wake up and get started, about 10 minutes into the workout I realize that I am cramping so bad. So we had to pause the workout for me to...'go check.' Sure enough the red-hooded witch had paid me a visit...2 days early too! Argh! My first day of the visit is usually not pleasant at all. It usually entails me curled up in the fetal position with a hot pack on my ovaries for an hour. It's really the only day that gives me problems, but it does suck. So then I was hurting so bad I didn't think I could do the workout. However, the hubby lightly encouraged me to continue and I decided to try. So about 5 more minutes into it...I seriously thought I was going to throw up. I was fighting it back like crazy, but I just knew there was no way I would win. I do not throw up often. I haven't thrown up in...probably 3+ years. I hate vomiting, it's one of the worse things in the world to me. So I lay in the floor on my back with a cool rag on my head for about 5 minutes and then I decided to get up and go at the workout again. Hey, I said I was committed, dang it! Even if nature was against me this morning. We get going at it again. It was so hard. I thought I was going to die. Cory and I both. I thought we both were going to die. It was nice though, because as soon as I let up a little on effort he would immediately start pushing me to do more and keep going. So that was demanding and helpful. I'm glad he's keeping up his end of the bargain...here on day 2. Haha. Hopefully, he continues to do so. Finally we get to the cool down and suddenly my vision is blacking out and my hearing is fading. I just knew I was going to pass out. I had to stop and oddly waited for myself to hit the floor. I felt so out of control for what seemed like minutes, but was probably only seconds. I took a few slow breaths and the vision and hearing came back and the dizziness faded. Whew. I'm pretty sure the whole red-hooded witch thing has a lot to do with all the trouble I had holding it together this morning. Ah, my body is sore. But I'm alive for now, still kickin.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know...I'm proud of you for trying to stick it out :)
    Second, I was just saying this morning that someone should tell the WORLD (so I'm taking it upon myself) to tell women that when you get prego you STILL GET CRAMPS during that "time of the month".
    Oh yeah, it's true.
    Third, I can't wait to see the before and after pics :) AND I can't wait to see pics of Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete