Monday, December 7, 2009
Busy, busy
Then again, what's new?
Last week was INSANE. I had a large amount of homework that I had to get done before going to Kansas City to be in one of my best friend's wedding. I had to get lots of homework finished, I had to cram in my online class, I had to find a sitter for Aiko, pack, and then spend 5 1/2 hours one way driving to KC. I'm so glad I got to be a part of her special day. But, DANG, I sure was exhausted and stressed. More so than the bride was I think! It was just a lot of time and money...and right here before finals and 'crunch time' at school...and the holidays. *sigh*
Good news is, I'm clearly still surviving! I've got one more week of classes! Bring it on! And one of my profs decided to give us a take home final (sweet!). I'm going to try to get it finished before Thursday of this week. So that on finals week. I'll only have ONE final at noon on Monday. Gosh, I can't believe this semester is over. So crazy.
On a different note. Aiko is in heat! We're gonna do puppies (ahem...Carrie ;). I'm on the hunt for a small male! I've actually found...four (I think) so far! I've sent some emails and had a few responses so it looks like we have some options. The vet told us that we really needed to find a male that was smaller than she was, which has proven to be a difficult task -- since she's only 3 - 3 1/2 pounds! I did, amazingly, find a 2 1/2 pound male! However, he isn't AKC registered...and I'm not sure I want to mess with double registration stuff. We'll see though. There is also one we found that is AKC with a super cheap stud fee, but he is 4 pounds. So we're thinking that's too big. So I'm not sure yet.
I'm also thinking of starting a blog for Aiko. I know that probably sounds ridiculous to most. But there is this stupid little 'cat' on twitter that Cory follows and he's hilarious. And there is a 'dog' blog on here that I enjoy thoroughly. Not to mention...Cory and I sort of talk as Aiko all the time, because of stupid faces she makes or silly things she does. So, I've already got like her mindset, ya know. I think it'd be fun. I'll keep you posted if I do.
Alright, needs to get busy on productive stuff. After this week I should be able to post more about my boring life of nothingness as classes end and my sessions decrease over holidays. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yipes! Don't tempt me with your puppy love! Actually, now I think I want an English bulldog. And Ty still wants no dog at all... but if I see the teeny Aikos, then it might be another story...
ReplyDeleteHaha! Oh...my dad has ALWAYS wanted an english bulldog! They're good dogs for sure, and adorable! Well...you'll have to come over and see them for sure!
ReplyDeleteI hope you do start blogging for Aiko. I've considered starting blogs for my pets before, but haven't ever really gotten into it.
ReplyDeleteP.S. call me tonight...I've got some news!