Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I made a mistake

*For maximum clarity I will put the hubby's words in a different color than my own* I just sent the hubby upstairs to lay out food for dinner. Five minutes later I hear one of the door slam and the hubby running down the stairs screaming, "I made a mistake." Though the humor in the situation definitely came out first, I collected myself and asked him to explain. He said, "I went outside to get the mail..." "Uh-huh...," I say. "And...well...you know how sometimes we get those little blue newspaper things thrown in the yard. Well...I picked it up and was going to bring it inside, but then decided that I would leave it in the carport..." I'm in confusion now, I mean he had the thing already picked up! Why would he decide to put it back down outside? Nevertheless... "Well...I was like slinging it around...and around. And well...when you sling things around...stuff happens. And...well...I threw it on the roof." "You threw it on the roof?" "Uh-huh." "How exactly did you wanting to put it on the carport turn into you throwing it on the roof?" "Well...when you're slinging things around not paying attention [he demonstrated his slinging motion at this point] they tend to have a trajectory...and if you're not careful then the trajectory might not be what you expected." "Uh....huh..." The following moments consisted of me trying unsuccessfully to not laugh. Followed by me saying we have to get it down. We have no latter nor anything else we can think of to aid us in this task. This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment