- I'm still sick, but feeling much better. Bad sore throat and sinus stuff, but again, somewhat better
- The hubby is on vacation and I'm enjoying him so much <3
- We downloaded a lot of movies and I plan on watching them all (I'll let you know if there are any particular good ones)
- I can't really tell if Aiko is pregnant or not and it's driving me insane
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Canvas Painting
I've been working on painting my first canvases. I usually just paint on canvas paper. The hubby bought me 6 perfectly square canvases that I've been wanting since I started painting. I've been wanting them to make some decor for the living room. I'm starting very simple. I'm just painting them solid colors and each a different color. Well...I've got 2 different shades of purple, 2 different shades of brown, and I'll have 2 solid red ones. I'm accenting the living room with red! Fun. Anyway, I'm just going to hang them in two columns of three, about 2-3 inches apart from each other.
I had no idea it'd be so hard to painting something a solid color! I've gotten more frustrated over this than anything else I've painted. At least when you're painting abstract art, it doesn't have to be perfect. Nothing about it does, that's part of it's greatness. However, painting solid colors on canvases has to be like perfect. Perfect shade, perfect thickness, perfect texture, perfect everything. If not, you can see it all once it dries. It's SO frustrating. When I got to my 5th canvas today and it was solid red, I was actually quite excited because I was able to find a pre-mixed red paint that I wanted -- I had to mix all the other colors myself -- so I thought it'd be much easier. False. I have no idea what's going on here, but I've been to hobby lobby twice over the last two days. I finally got some medium and I'm going to add my 3rd layer of paint on these stupid red ones...and if it doesn't work with the medium I bought then I'm probably giving up. *sigh*
Hopefully pictures are coming soon of my fun decorative idea! :)
Side notes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment