Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting lazy

This morning...once again...the hubby and I turned the alarm clocks off at 5:30 this morning, and instead of actually getting up to go work out we went back to sleep. *sigh* That sure isn't going to help me lose 20 pounds. *sigh, again* I'm going to try and get back to my workout, but I'm not going to look for much success until the new year. There is just way too much good food that people make around the holidays. We haven't worked out like all week. It makes me sad (and a little happy), the break has been nice, but I seriously feel guilty about it. I always hate when people complain about their body image or weight and aren't doing anything about or even trying to get it to where they could at least feel comfortable with it. That's why I have reserved the right to whine (for now), because I have been working out an hour a day 6 days a week...and somehow haven't lost any weight. Riddle me that. Granted I did lose 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off both thighs and about 1/4 inch off both arms. I only lost like 3 pounds...and then it just stopped. We started working out on like October 6th and have pretty consistently done so since. How do you not see results? I keep hearing things like, "you gain muscle before you lose weight and muscle weighs more than fat" or "you might actually gain weight before you lose weight because of muscle and body toning" or "it takes a long time to see results." I think it's just something for people to say to try and encourage you to keep at it, because they have no idea what to say. It's like the the popular cliche for working out the way that "everything happens for a reason" is for the rest of your life. UGH! I'll keep at it for some more time, but I won't pretend like I'm started to lose motivation and hope. My mother and sister both have thyroid problems the mess with their weights and my mother is worried that I may also. However, I don't have insurance right now...so no doctor visits for me. Just gonna keep on keepin on. For now.

2 comments:

  1. So...when I went to weight watchers they said that working out alone or dieting alone doesn't do it. You have to do both together to keep losing the weight. I was just never disciplined enough to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, eventually it's my goal! But my trainer told me not to start both at the same time because you set yourself up for failure. He said to get in a steady workout routine first and then work on my eating habits. So...that's what I'm going to try. We've really gotten out of the workout routine with our crazy schedules lately. So as soon as I get back on consistent track with that...I'll work on the eating part. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete