Friday, December 18, 2009
This wouldn't happen if she weren't pregnant
Cory and I make fun of Aiko a lot. She does some awful silly things sometimes. However, I'm convinced her prone to accidents, awesome ability would not have developed had there not been a possibility of puppies. She should be pregnant. However, we won't know for another 3-4 weeks. Because I have no intent on forking up a ridiculous amount of money to have a pregnancy test done on my dog. Granted...I will fork up a bunch of money for an ultrasound once she is for sure pregnant, but mainly so I know how many puppies are in there for when she delivers.
Last night, I put her little panties on her and we were fixing to go to bed. She goes to jump up on the bed....like face plants into the side of it...and falls onto the floor on her back. Crap. I quickly pick her up...she appears to be fine. Whew. We sleep (oversleep again). I put on my housecoat, open the side door and Aiko runs down the deck stairs to go potty. I sit at the top of them -- this is how I always take her potty. I watch her like a hawk until she is done, at which point she excitedly runs back up the stairs and inside. This morning, however, she must have gotten a lil too excited. As she runs up the deck stairs when she jumps onto the very top one, her back legs got caught under the stair like mid jump. This resulted in her trying her darndest to remain on the stairs with her front two paws...and then falling...all the way to the ground. Crap. This time...I much bigger 'crap.' Now she didn't like tumble down the stairs fall, she just fell off the side, into our flower beds...which to ease my mind some I will say is well cushioned with leaves and dead flowers. I freak out...start running down to get her and she was already up and half way back up the stairs when I got to her. I pick her up run inside and immediately run to Cory in panic.
Of course, upon telling him his first response was to the humor in the situation and he starts laughing.
She again, appears to be fine. This has never happened. She goes up and down those stairs everyday and has never so much and tripped. *sigh*
When she is 4-5 weeks pregnant, she will not be allowed to do anything herself, because I'll be too afraid she'll kill herself and/or the puppies. *sigh, again*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment