Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aiko's hair!

Aiko was getting real shaggy again so I broke down and made her a hair appointment. Usually I take in pictures and give great detail as to how I want her hair. However, I took her to Dana's Pet Salon and she's been there twice before so I didn't print out any pictures, besides they keep this little files on each 'client' with lots of notes and things about how the dog is suppose to be groomed and/or cared for. I get there this morning and Dana says to me, "Same thing as last time?" "Yep, exactly the same. I really like it that way." I said. I drop off my little baby and headed to go run some miscellaneous errands in town (i.e. mess around and waste time). A few hours later I get the call that she's ready for pick up. I walk into the building and there was a customer in front of me talking about something that seemed random. Two more ladies came in behind me with their cute little dogs, I'm assuming they were there to be groomed as well - they both looked like they needed it. I was a little happy about one thing. As I stood there patiently waiting, I could hear tons of little dog barks, some whining, some growls. Out of all of them I could definitely pick out Aiko's bark. I frequently say how 'average' her bark is. See, Goober had a very defined bark. Seriously, probably more so than any other dog I've been around. I could have always picked his bark out. It made me smile to think of that comparison. Finally, my turn. Dana tells me how much it was and then asks someone to go back and get Aiko. She scans my card, I signed my receipt and then I saw Aiko. She was near trembling in the arms of the lady who carried her out - with excitement, no doubt. She stretched her little head out toward me as far as she could as she was getting closer and closer. Finally, when she was just on the other side of the counter her squirms kicked in, the lady could barely hold onto her. Her hair was short, very short. The body was an inch in length, which is what I normally do. Her head and face though, the hair was just...gone. It was layered around her little face and eyes, no longer than an inch maybe even shorter. Yes, shorter than an inch around her eyes all the way up to in between her hears. Definitely too short for ponytails and hair bows. "Oh...you cut the hair on her head." I said very hesitantly. Then more aggressively, "You cut the hair on her head!" "Isn't this how you wanted it?" a voice behind the counter said. I continued my hysteria without even looking at her, my eyes were on Aiko. "No! No! I wanted it like it was last time and that's why I answered yes when you asked me if that is how I wanted it," I shouted. My eyes then glared to the lady who stood behind the counter. I was seriously upset by this, I could feel my voice starting to break and I could feel the slight anger trembles starting in my hands. "Do you have any idea how long it's taken for the hair above her eyes to get long enough for a ponytail?" I paused as they all stared back and forth between me and Aiko. "1 1/2 years! 1 1/2 YEARS! We talked about this in great detail the last time I brought her. If you weren't sure how it was suppose to be done, why did you assume? Why did you ask me if I wanted it done the way it was last time...if you didn't know the way that it had been done last time?" She stared at me stunned, clearly not knowing what to say and clearly obvious of her mistake. "Well..." she stuttered out. I decided I didn't want to hear any of her excuses. "Just never mind. Give me my dog! It won't be a problem again, because I won't bring her to you again." I grabbed her and with the most irritated body language I could work up stormed my way out of the little building. The two waiting customers behind me followed me out. They both apologized and said that Aiko still looked adorable. Then they left too. It at least made me happy that I wiped out two of their waiting customers. I was seriously near tears by the time I got to my car! The red-hooded witch better come soon or I might kill someone! I'm frustrated at myself for getting so frustrated over my dog's hair. I mean, it'll grow back. I realize I should not have responded that way and I'm blaming it on my hormones - even if that isn't a good enough excuse. However, every single time I look at Aiko the anger furies again sending all of my emotions into another frenzy. I just, I look at the hair around her little eyes and think of how long, hard, and irritating it's been to grow that hair out. For the longest time it just covered her poor little face because it was too short to be in a ponytail and there just wasn't anything to do with it. Oh yes...yes, that thought makes the anger flare. And to think of how long it'll be before I can even get any of it in a ponytail or bow...oh yes...yes, that thought makes the anger flare too. I'm trying to talk myself out of being this angry at the groomer. After all, I should have went ahead and given all my great details as I always have. However, she seriously should not have asked me if I wanted it the same way as last time...if she didn't know how that was, which she clearly didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment