Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Ah, Twilight
When the hubby was reading Twilight (via part of our compromise for me going paintballing), he said to me one morning, "I'll be glad when I finish these books so that I stop having vampire, werewolf, and coding dreams [or something to do with computers]." I was admittedly a little jealous. Oh...I wish I could have vampire, werewolf dreams. Or just Edward dreams (sorry, hubby).
So last night I had one of the weirdest dreams. Although, considering my recent obsession...I guess not that weird.
For some reason my grandpa had died. He had left money to me and Cory. So Cory and I (and his brother and his wife - for some weird reason) were all down at my grandpa's house. I guess we were like cleaning it out or something. There was some scary commotion or something that caused us all to run outside. It was apparently so terrifying that we decided to leave. So the brother and sister-in-law jump in the car and start screaming for us to get in and go. However, Cory and I kept searching for the source of our terror. It sounded like trees were just being knocked down all over the woods.
We searched eagerly to find the source of the sound, then...it appeared. How we'd missed it until it was so close I have no idea. It was a giant wolf. Giant. Like as big as a small house or trailer. It was white, with brown and black sketched all around his face and some on his back. He appeared to be an angry wolf. He made it out of the woods effortlessly and started charging toward us. We jumped into the car and took off down the gravel road.
The wolf was gaining on us easily. We're all freaking out, screaming, have no idea what's happening. Then suddenly another giant animal collided with the wolf knocking him to his side and both of the animals rolling into a field. I have no idea what other animal it was. Possibly another wolf, however, for some reason I also feel like it might have been a bear (??). We found this back road and swerved onto it nearly flipping our little car. The road got more and more narrow as we drove down it. At the end there was a...cave.
Without thinking much of it, we drove into it. It was dark and cold. We got out and there were other...people...there. We told them about what had happened. They did not seemed surprised, they were aware of the wolf and told us we would be safe here with them...that the wolf wouldn't come here. The people looked exactly like Twilight's description of a vampire. Only they all had realistically colored eyes: green, brown. They were beautiful, of course. Pale skin, perfect faces. My eyes searched all of them, trying to capture the way that they looked to me...who they were...it suddenly occurred to me what I thought they were...
And then...I woke up. *sigh* Such strange things our subconscious comes up with...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment