Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 6, done

It recently occurred to me that the hubby and I have actually done it. Almost. Saturday was our last workout in week 6. We've done 6 weeks of this insane stuff! I can't believe it and we haven't missed one day. We have 3 more weeks to go before we finish up our 60 days - 63 days, actually - of insanity. I am proud of us for this much. I'm also happy because we took our before and during pictures (up to this point) and put them all in line with each other and you can actually see a difference! Especially in me! And especially like around my face.

I've always said my face is the first place I gain and lose weight. I think these pictures support that theory. I had been whining so much about not being able to see results myself. I mean, I know the scale shows some success and I've definitely lost some inches in all my measurements. But, I just couldn't see it. So Cory let me take all the pictures we've taken this far and use a photo collage thing to line them up with each other. It made me happy to actually see these pictures and see the differences. So that was good. 

Our next weigh/measure/picture day is March 30th. So this was our first week in our 2nd month workouts. They are crazy. All of them have been about an hour long. The cardio is just so intense. The fitness instructor has you moving so much and pushing yourself to the absolute max for 3-5 minutes intervals then you get a 30 second break and go right back into it. It's so hard. Some of the stuff might not sound hard, but try doing it for those intervals and at those levels of intensity and they are insane.

It recently occurred to me that I haven't really given much detail as to what the actual workouts are. So I thought I'd take some time and do my best to describe them. Most of the workouts are simple, basic things that you probably did some variation of in PE classes.

We do a variety of jumping jacks: regular jumping jacks, squat jacks (jumping jack, except you go down in squat position each time), straight arm jacks (jumping jack, except you hold your arms with elbows bent and fists near chest, and every time you jump up you sort of punch both arms straight up), etc.

There are lots of just 'moving in place' moves. Like jogging in place, high knees (jogging in place, except raising your knees up higher than your hips each time), butt kicks (jogging in place, except trying to make your heels touch your butt each time), a little knee lift move (where you sort of start on one leg in squat position and put a little hop movement over to the other leg - always remaining in squat position - and trying to pull your knee as close to your chest with the swap of each leg), lots of moves like these or variations thereof.

There are lots of arm workouts in like the push up / plank position. Lots of regular push ups, push up jacks (push ups, except for when you push up you bounce your feet open and when you come back down you bounce them back together), in-and-out-abs (plank position and you bounce your legs back and forth between stretched out and pulled in - knees to chest), ski-abs (plank position and you bounce your feet up to your right side, back out straight, and then back in to your left side), lots of variations of these types of moves.

Lots of jumping. Just...nothing fancy, jump as high as you can, start in squat position and jump real high and land back in squat position, etc. Oh the newest one in Month 2 has been getting me is this really high plank position (more of a downward dog yoga position) where you basically stand on your hands and hop your feet back and forth between your left and right side. This one kills me. So most of the moves are just stuff like that, you go as fast as you possibly can and do as many of each exercise as you can for like 30 seconds to 1 minute and then the instructor switches to a new move.

As mentioned early, you do 3-5 minute spurts of a combination of exercises for 45-60 minutes with 30 second breaks.

Except for on Pure Cardio day...and on that day you have like 16 minutes of crazy, insane crap with no breaks. However, there are so so many. Many more than what I have just listed, these are just the ones that came to mind. I'm sure none of those make sense at all, having a visual is so much better. Just understand they are hard, fast, intense, and they absolutely shoot your heart rate up. You should see me, I'm usually already dying at the end of the warm ups. I never fail to be amazed when I'm near death and I hear Shaun T say, "Alright, ya'll that's the end of the warm up."

Month 2 is definitely much harder. I am proud of myself so far though. I've really been pushing myself. Even if I have to break before it's time to (which is almost always the case) I usually only allow myself a few good, deep breaths and then jump right back into it. I'm nervous for the coming weeks. I miss Month 1 already! I'm so guilty of lacking on my nutrition choices over the last few weeks though! I'm not just doing horrible or anything, but I've lost a lot of my nazi, drill sergeant rules in the last few weeks. So I should really try and get focus back to that this week. I can still say much better than before any of this, but also worse since those first few weeks.

And I've been forgetting to keep up my food journal. I think that's a lot of it actually. It just sort of gets so tedious, because I use an application for my iPhone so just putting in all the food every time...it just gets old and so I decide to 'do it later' and then I forget.

No worries, I'm still perfectly conscious of what I'm eating and when, etc. However, I do feel like if I would get back to keeping it in my phone to have net calorie intake immediately available to me it would help me some. So...I need to get back to that this week. I will try!

No comments:

Post a Comment