Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's official

I've been trying to make up excuses for the physical changes in my body as I have been trying to workout and 'diet' in attempt to lose some weight. Like, when I first noticed my pants were a little looser I talked myself into believing that they had just always fit that way. And when I could wear some of those shirts from the 'skinny' drawer I just told myself that I could have been wearing most of them all along. And when the hubby makes those every so sweet, appreciated, and adored compliments about me looking or feeling smaller when he gives me a big hug...I just tell myself he says it because he 'has' to. However, this morning when I slid on my previously jump-hop-and-lay-on-bed-to-get-into-them-pants and they were still buttoned and zipped...I decided to give myself a little bit of truth. I admired them for so long, looking at how loose they were around my butt and thighs. Thinking to myself that they truly looked like pants that were too big for me. It made me happy. Even though I'm constantly telling myself I'm not really working at it as hard as I could be, I must admit I have been working pretty darn hard to shed a few pounds...and I have done that and lost several inches too! Why not give myself a pat on the back for it? And admit? Admitting to myself has been the most difficult part because I haven't been able to see the changes and I still don't think they're quite as good as they should be. But now, I finally do see some of them. I know I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but I'm getting there! Perhaps slowly, too slowly, but nonetheless I am getting there :)

1 comment:

  1. You are AWESOME! I'm sorry you didn't get to share this with me on the phone yesterday...lately I've been better at talking than listening. I have to get back to the listening part.
    I am so PROUD of you! You set a goal for yourself and worked hard to achieve it. Keep up the excellent work and call me sometime. I promise I'll be a better listener, lol :)

    ReplyDelete