- 1/4 inch off chest
- 1/2 inch off my waist
- 1/4 inch off hips
Monday, March 29, 2010
Week 7, done
We have successfully completed week 7! We had a new workout that we hadn't done yet on Saturday. It kicked my butt. Who am I kidding? I say that about every workout - and it's true. It was called sports conditioning training. Whew. So hard. It was very fast, very intense cardio with large muscle group workout. Though hard, it was a very good workout. I feel like it's the type of workout I might actually want to do if I'd had a really stressful day or needed to burn off stress of any sort.
Which brings me to my next crazy thought. I think I have a weird addiction to these workouts. I mean, they are so hard and half of the time when I'm actually getting ready to do them I start dreading it like crazy and whine a lot. But, during the day or when I think about how far we've come with this program. It makes me excited and pleased to know we've come so far. And I find myself with a subtle desire to actually do the workouts. I guess that's a good thing. I never really pictured myself one to actually want to workout, I had just accepted that I was going to do it for the rest of my life no matter what. Then again, I was a runner in high school. I always played basketball (from 2nd grade up till my Sophomore year in high school) and I always ran for fun. What was wrong with me? Ah, I sure wish I hadn't ever let that get away from me. If I ever get it back, I won't.
On Monday I talked the hubby into going to the gym and running a mile before our INSANITY workout - in one of my delusional moments of being excited about working out. See, before we started INSANITY we use to go to the gym for like an hour a day, 5 days a week. I realize now how very low-pace our workouts were at that time. Anyway, then neither of us could jog for longer than 5 minutes without dying. And it was taking us somewhere around 12 minutes to do 1 mile. I decided, it'd be a good test to see how our pace and/or endurance had improved - or if it had.
I was surprised when I was able to do a slow jog for nearly all of the mile. I had to walk at the end of each lap long enough to suck in a few, long, deep breaths and then I'd take off again. I completed my mile in 9mins/40secs. I was pleased. Afterwards I was near death, but still pleased. I'm not sure what the difference was in my physical body, but actually running that mile took me down a little more than our INSANITY workouts. I have no idea why, I know the INSANITY workouts are harder. Much harder. I think it has something to do with my asthma. I could feel it more in my lungs, like they burned with each breath. My body wasn't tired at all, like my legs or arms or back. None of those body parts seemed impacted by me jogging a mile at all. However, my breathing and my lungs they had a hard time with it. I'm not sure why, it seems so odd. Oh and by the way, I came back home and did my INSANITY workout that day too, dangit! :)
This morning was weigh/measure day. We didn't workout this morning, we're going to workout this evening instead. So I'm not sure how much better I'll do on my Fit Test this week yet. Not really a whole lot of difference in the measurement department. I lost an additional:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment